The idea to create spring flowers worksheets came to me because of the weather outside we have in Washington now. The leaves starting to grow on the bushes. On some bushes in our backyard, I see buds. I know it is February. I know it is winter. I’m not crazy, but the weather outside is ;).
I believe that kids need to practice writing daily, starting from alphabet and number tracing. When they are ready you can start adding more independent writing letters. I see on my kids, that it takes a long time to get the ability to write fast enough to make notes and make writing readable to others. On this blog, you will find plenty of worksheets with tracing words, numbers, letters, and also challenges inspired by something.
Today’s worksheets are different than usual, let me know if you like this new look. Altogether there are 6 printable pages. The first two pages are tracing pages with names of spring flowers. The size of the letters should be good for kindergarten and 1st-grade kids.
Spring flowers you can trace in these worksheets:
The third and fourth pages are small flashcards with spring flowers (same as on the previous two pages). You can cut them, let your child trace the names of the flowers, and learn about them.
The next page shows how tulip is growing from the bulb to the flower. On this page, you can trace words like bulb, leaves, bud, and flower.
Tulip from bulb to flower (life cycle)
- Tulip grows from the bulb. The bulb should be put to the ground in fall before frost.
- Early spring the leaves grow from the bulb and show above the ground.
- For the first couple of days, there are only leaves but with time the buds start to show.
- In the next stage, the buds change colors from green to the final flower color.
- In the next couple of days, the plant is growing bigger and the flower is showing.
- The bulbs of tulip can be left in the ground, they will grow again next spring.
The last page shows parts of the flower. All names are traceable.
I create printable worksheets and pages with lined paper. I add weekly new free worksheets on this blog, if you want to be updated about new content, you can follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or sign up for a newsletter.
With the newsletter, you will get also a free printable traceable calendar for the 2022 year (once per month in the newsletter I send a link to the calendar for the upcoming month).